- 100 g (3.5oz) flaked almonds
- 200 g (7.1oz) white chocolate
- 100 g (3.5oz) unsalted butter
- 125 g (4.4oz) caster sugar
- 1.5 tbsp matcha powder
- 2 eggs
- 50 g (1.8oz) plain flour
Step by step:
- Preheat oven to 190C. Scatter flaked almonds on a baking tray and put in the oven for around 10 minutes until lightly browned, turning them once. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of hot but not boiling water (white chocolate is very fragile so should not get too hot). Stir until melted and remove from the heat.
- Mix the sugar and matcha powder and stir into the chocolate/butter mixture.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly. Stir in the flour.
- Pour into a 20 X 25cm baking tin lined with baking paper and sprinkle all the flaked almonds over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and leave to cool in the tin